- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 ribs celery (chopped)
- 1 small carrot (chopped)
- 1 jalapeno (seeded and minced)
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini (thinly sliced)
- 4 ounces mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 2 can kidney beans (15 ounces)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juice (28 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable juice
- Cook onion and garlic in a large pot in olive oil 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer covered 20 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer an additional 10-15 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.