The Ultimate Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temp, plus more for greasing skillet
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temp
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 12-inch cast iron skillet with butter.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set the bowl aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter with the sugar and light brown sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, until mixed in, then add the vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Add the flour mixture into the stand mixer and mix just until the dough comes together then beat in the chocolate until combined.
- Scrape the dough into the skillet, then sprinkle it with the sea salt.
- Bake the cookie for 30 to 35 minutes until it’s barely cooked in the center.
- Remove it from the oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes before serving topped with ice cream (optional).
- ★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!