- 1 pound penne cooked al dente
- 4 oz pancetta chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 28 oz whole Italian tomatoes with juices
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese divided
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 1 lb. italian sausage
- Cook garlic in butter over medium low heat until fragrant. Add pancetta and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add vodka and cook 2 minutes. Stir in chili flakes and tomatoes slightly breaking up with a spoon. Simmer 8-10 minutes.
- Add cream and cook 5 minutes. Add penne and sausage to the sauce and cook 1 minute to combine flavors. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat, stir in 1/2 cup parmesan cheese.
- Place in bowls and top with parsley and remaining parmesan cheese.