Pan Seared Salmon With Spice Rub
- 3-4 Salmon steaks room temperature (4-6 ounce)
- 1-2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon bouillon powder
- 1/2 cayenne pepper
- Combine the onion, garlic, paprika, thyme, and bouillon powder.
- Brush salmon lightly with the oil, then season with salt and pepper. Followed by the spice rub.
- Preheat a large heavy skillet or grill pan over medium heat for about about 2 minutes , then add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan, about 1-2 tablespoon.
- Add salmon to pan skin side up seared for about 3 minutes, then flip and sear the other side about 4-5 minutes, depending on the thickness of salmon or until desired degree of doneness is reached.