Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad
- 1 1/2 cups orzo
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans ((chickpeas) drained and rinsed) - x2 if main dish
- 1/2 cup red onion (finely chopped )
- 2 cups fresh spinach (chopped)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 3 baby cucumbers (diced)
- 1 yellow pepper (diced)
- 3/4 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 4.5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1.5 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Cook orzo until tender. Cool.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk.
- Combine orzo with remaining salad ingredients.
- Toss with dressing and season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving