Ground Turkey Tomato Soup
- 93% Lean Ground Turkey, 1 lb.
- Olive Oil, 1 tbsp.
- Carrots, 2, sliced
- Celery, 2, sliced
- Russet Potatoes, 2 diced
- Onion, diced
- Diced Tomatoes, 1 can
- Tomato Paste, 6 oz.
- Chicken Broth, 6 cups
- Corn, 1 can
- Peas, 1 can
- Garlic, 1 1/2 tbsp.
- Thyme, 1/4 tsp.
- Oregano, 1/4 tsp.
- In a large stock pot, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on high.
- Sauté the celery and the carrots for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the onion and continue to simmer another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, chicken broth and the tomato paste, stir until well blended.
- Add the corn, green beans, browned turkey, garlic, thyme, oregano and the potatoes, stir until well blended.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down heat and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender.