Serve with a vegetable side.
- Eggplant, diced
- Black pepper
- Linguine pasta, 1 16 oz box
- Onion, 1/2 minced
- Garlic, 4 cloves, minced
- Olive oil
- Crushed red pepper
- Diced Tomatoes, 1 (14.5 oz) can
- Crushed Tomatoes, 1 (14.5 oz) can
- Preheat oven to 500°F
- Wash and dice eggplant. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Transfer to sheet pan.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes, stirring at halfway.
- Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water. Bring to a boil. Add salt and pasta. Cook 8-10 minutes.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Mince onion and garlic.
- Coat bottom of pan with oil. Add onion and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and pepper to pan. Stir for 15-30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and basil. Cook for 4-6 minutes.
- Drain pasta and add to pan. Add eggplant and stir. Garnish with basil and serve.