Easy Marinara Sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion (finely diced)
- 1/3 cup carrot (shredded)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 28 oz whole tomatoes (canned)
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes (canned)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar ((optional))
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and garlic. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add whole tomatoes (with juice) and gently break apart with the spoon. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer uncovered on low heat for 20 minutes or until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Serve over spaghetti or enjoy in your favorite recipes. Freeze or refrigerate to store.