Crockpot Pot Roast
- 3-5 pounds Beef pot roast
- Salt and pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoon All-Purpose Flour (or as needed)
- Generously season both sides of roast with salt and pepper. Sprinkle flour over the top until well coated, and pat it into the meat. Shake off any excess.
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Sear the roast on both sides for 6 minutes each, until well browned. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- 8 ounces of Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Reduce the heat to medium and stir in mushrooms and butter; cook for 4 minutes.
- Medium Onion (Chopped)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- Stir in onion; cook for 5 minutes, until onions are translucent and begin to brown. Add garlic, stir for about a minute.
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- Stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons flour; cook and stir for about 1 minute. Add tomato paste, and cook for another minute.
- 2 1/2 Cups Chicken or Beef Broth
- Slowly add chicken stock, stir to combine, and return to a simmer. Remove skillet from the heat.
- 3 Medium Carrots (Chopped)
- 2 Stalks Celery (Chopped)
- 1 Sprig of Rosemary
- 2 Sprigs of Thyme
- Place carrots and celery in the slow cooker. Place roast over the vegetables and pour in any accumulated juices. Add rosemary and thyme.
- Pour onion and mushroom mixture over the top of the roast. Cover slow cooker, turn to high and cook the roast for 5 hours, until the meat is fork tender.
- Skim off any fat from the surface and remove the bones. Season with salt and pepper to taste.