Crock Pot Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 4-5 lb whole roasting chicken
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika (smoked paprika is even better)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 lemon (halved)
- 1 in garlic bulb (sliced in half)
- 1 small onion (quartered)
- Combine spices in a small bowl.
- Rub spice mixture all over the chicken, including the back of the chicken, the sides and in the cavity.
- Stuff the chicken cavity with lemon halves, sliced garlic and onions.
- Place chicken, breast side down, in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 6-8 hours (or until juices run clear).