Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Oatmeal Cups
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds, plus 6 tablespoons water
- 3 medium-to-large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup (240ml) unsweetened cashew milk (almond or coconut milk work, too)
- 1/4 cup (65g) creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (80g) pure maple syrup (optional, may substitute with stevia or other sweeteners)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 scoop chocolate plant-based protein powder
- 3 cups (270g) old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together chia seeds and water to make “chia eggs.” Alternatively, you could use 2 large eggs. Set aside.
- Place bananas in a large bowl and mash with fork. Add cashew milk, peanut butter, optional maple syrup or stevia and vanilla and stir until well mixed. Stir in chia eggs.
- Add protein powder, oats, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin tin, filling tins to the top. You may have some leftover batter. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan on a wire rack. Come, remove from pan and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Serves: 12 | Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 157; Total Fat: 5g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 94mg; Carbohydrate: 21g; Dietary Fiber: 4g; Sugar: 1g; Protein: 6g