Caprese Quinoa Frittata
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, minced
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 12-cup, standard-size muffin tin with liners and grease well with non-stick cooking spray or an oil mister.
- In a large bowl, mix together the quinoa, eggs, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, basil, onion, salt, and pepper until all ingredients are well-incorporated.
- Divide mixture equally between muffin tins (I use an ice cream scoop).
- Sprinkle each with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Push a cherry tomato about halfway into the top of each.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until egg is set and frittatas are golden around the edges.