Serve with pasta and a vegetable side.
- Olive oil, 2 tbsp.
- Chicken breasts, 2 lb., 4 pieces
- Balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup
- Garlic, 4 cloves, minced
- Grape tomatoes, 2 pints cut into halves
- Crushed tomatoes, 1 can
- Basil, 3 tbsp.
- Mozzarella, 4 slices, or 1/2 cup shredded
- Peas, 1 can
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook until golden and cooked through, 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add balsamic vinegar to skillet to deglaze, then add garlic and stir until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add grape tomatoes and season with salt. Let simmer until soft, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in basil and crushed tomatoes. Let simmer until tomatoes are warm, 3 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet and nestle in tomatoes. Top with a slice of mozzarella and cover with lid to melt cheese.
- Spoon tomatoes over chicken.